Thursday 12 July 2007

Mixed Bag


Finished all the levels on Eledees, the last boss was very easy compared to some of the earlier missions. The game did take a few days to finish and I did started to get a bit bored of the game play near the end.

Started playing Mercury Revolution on the Wii, it is similar in Kororinpa in that is a rolling ball puzzle game. But that is where the similarity ends, it seems to have a lot more levels and world can be rotated for easier playing. It is one of those games that would take a long time to "finish", but is fun to pick up now and then. The "party" games are lame in that only one person can play at a time, not very party. Well unless it is "one man party" !

Wiley and I played Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 on the Wii, I kept beating Wiley but only because I was button mashing. It is one of those fighting games that is so fast that whom-ever mashes the buttons the faster (me in this case) wins. Well at least that is how it felt for me.

I wiped the dust off the old PC (literally) and started playing Jade Empire. A nice game, reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, and Fable. I am a bit annoyed in that some enemies are immune to almost all attack types when they give you dozens of attack types. And some of the Arena battles are a bit dodgy, one opponent took five attempts to defeat (some huge elephant demon) then the last opponent took around 20 seconds to defeat, not very balanced at all.

Shane showed me Overlord for the PC, and I was really tempted to drop Jade Empire and start on it. But I decided to see Jade Empire to the bitter end, at least I know what the next game will be. Overlord !!!!

No comments: