Sunday 21 October 2007

Bio Shock to the System


Bioshock

What can I say .....

Bio shock was really good, there's not many games I play 3 times in row. There were so many interesting levels and side quests to perform. It was bit dark and gruesome, but that it what made it so interesting to play. I finished on the medium level, the hardest level and the easiest level. I would have to say the Hardest level was the most fun. It was so easy to be killed which I felt made the game more realistic. I mean the game world is strew with hundreds of bodies, so you get the impression only the really hardy survive.

The Big Daddies were the hardest to kill, in many cases the only way to kill them was to lure them into an area were the security system / security robots which would soften them up. And even then you would have to revive several times (I am talking about the hardest level).

The enemies are quite smart in that they will run away and come at you from another side. The most interesting thing I saw was when one of them caught on fire. It just jumped in the water and was back in action. Very cool strategy (mind you I just ran up and hit 'em with the shotgun)

It was very odd to find an poster about Australia Day on one of the levels and also a few mentions here and there about other Australian things. I know 2K Australia was involved with making a game, but it is rare to see any references like that in a game.

Overall this game is a ripper, now I feel that the next game I play may not be so great (oh how the mighty have fallen).

Notes to self (or anyone for that matter) :-

Use electric Buck, Electric Gel, Crossbow bolts on Big Daddies !
Use Telekensis to lob crap at splicers (Doubles as a shield for larger objects)
Use Pyrokensis to melt ice (duhhhhh !)
Hack/Destroy first aid points (scorched earth policy !)
The Tommy gun sucks on Hardest level, Medium OK, Easy cut's em in half
Flame thrower, Pyrokensis, Insect Swarm are crap
Frezzing enemies is good, but you don't get stuff from them if they shatter
Upgrade the pistol or the shotgun and the 'power to the people station'.

Big Brain Academy

I have also playing a little bit of Big Brain on the Wii, a nice game to help improve your brain power (well at least I hope it is doing that).

So far though my neighbours kid has beaten me 2 to 1 in challenge mode. The shame !


I am bit out so sorts with my game playing actives so my posts have slowed down. I have other hobbies like papercraft and reading Manga occupying some of my time. Eventually I will be back into same hardcore gaming.

No comments: